Interactive exercises will demonstrate how to use learning theory to create useful information and build cognitive demand. We explore practical ways to plug the “black holes of knowledge” that come from our habit of going out to the web to get quick fixes for an urgent, immediate problem, again using interactive exercises that lead us to solutions. We’ll also debate, discuss, and brainstorm together.
Primary topics are:
- Deductive Reasoning - you can figure it out yourself!
- Gestalt: Filling in the gaps Constructivism: where do users find meaning?
- Stimulating the right neural network
- Action-Learning and Cognitive Demand
- What’s Competency got to do with connections?
- Learning by doing and generalisation
- The Cognitive Spiral: Integrated Connective Competency
- Learning is more Important than Knowing
- And AI in all this?